Be sure to either Register with the site to gain access to all the areas of a normal member, or if you're already a member then log on in and join us!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Be sure to either Register with the site to gain access to all the areas of a normal member, or if you're already a member then log on in and join us!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vent status
CoH Server Status

XP mish

5 posters

Go down

XP mish Empty XP mish

Post by Kharner Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:31 pm

ID# 128630 lvl 42 minions.
Kharner
Kharner
Admin/Colonel
Admin/Colonel

Back to top Go down

XP mish Empty Re: XP mish

Post by Mighty Fri May 01, 2009 6:10 am

Hey, guys,
Here's a couple tricks I like to use when it comes to AE...

When the toon is level 1 or some low level like that, run Arc ID#: 111963. You'll be fighting level 42 Rikti and their level as far as minions or bosses will be determined by your difficulty setting. The way I usually do it is that I will run it at heroic (or villainous) until we are about halfway through the map. When you reach the point where you need to cross the water to the other half of the map, stop. This is where I like to back the team out, train, and then go back in. For the second half of the map, you'll usually be level 14 or so now. By the time you're done with the second half, you'll be around level 18-20 or so and have many tickets and cash. (Keep in mind that this mission will auto-set you to level 42, so anyone above level 42 on your team will not get XP in the mish. You are well-advised to pick up lowbie members you meet in Atlas or Mercy when you run this, especially if they are PuGs)

From there, I like to run Arc ID#: 102236, which is also Rikti, but will set the team at level 50 instead of 42. At this point, usually some team members from the first mission will have quit. If they have, try to pick up someone who is higher level, and in their 40's, especially a tank or a brute. If you do that, you'll have an easier time mowing through this long and somewhat tedious mission. One thing to keep in mind is that this mission has ambushes, so warn your team not to rush too quickly through the mobs, or the team will get sandwiched in a mob that exceeds the aggro cap. This mission is great because the level of the enemies and size of the map will not only gain you several more levels, but you will also get about 10 million in cash for running it a single time. This mish is set in a cave, but it is only the tunnel aspect of it, so you don't have to deal with the larger, more confusing cave rooms, which is nice.

From there, if you're high enough in level, you may want to try either Arc ID#: 17531, or ID#: 95671. These are both missions which have custom enemy groups (which will be a nice change of pace from all the Rikti monotony), and they both auto SK your team to level 50. My suggestion is to tell your team to be sure they have their SO's, which they can buy really cheap with all the tickets they just earned in the last two missions, and then crank your difficulty to the level 5 setting. When you do that, you will be level 50 fighting all level 54 bosses. The nice thing about these two missions is that the enemies are all melee so they will self-herd if you have a tank or brute to hold the aggro for you. I would suggest that you do NOT go with a defense-based tank or brute to hold the aggro for you though because since the enemies are 54 bosses, they will be many levels higher than you, and will beat the snot out of your tank or brute. I find that Energy brutes and Ice tanks really have no business trying to hold aggro on these maps; however, if you have a good emp or pain dominator along for your team, you may be able to get away with it.

The other mission you may like is Arc ID#: 78621. This is another "all bosses" who are melee-based, but I can't remember if this one auto-SKs you. The last time I ran it, it seems to me that it didn't auto-SK us. That was a week or two ago though so they may have updated it since then.

Note:
These aren't particularly "cool" missions. They aren't clever, inventive, or creative in any sense. These are just damn good missions which will grind you to 50 in about two days if you felt like running them that way. They are simple farm missions, but they're very effective and the two custom ones I mentioned are the best XP I've seen so far in this game.
Mighty
Mighty
Admin/Co-Founder/and One Sexy Bitch

Back to top Go down

XP mish Empty hmm another one to run

Post by mmmgood Sun May 03, 2009 12:03 am

Kharner wrote:ID# 128630 lvl 42 minions.

You had said this other number of 124157 tonight for the comm officers and also had drones in it.
The mobs in it were huge.

Went from 1 to 32 in 3 hrs....First Dominator...Gravity / Ice Name: Jupiters Tips
very nice.

That means if run on 2xp weekend we would likely take a toon from 1 to fifty in less than 6-7 hrs of play.
We could have 3 to 5 50's made over that weekend if done right.

We could run a couple toons up on another server just waiting if we decided to move or have another server besides champion and Virtue....

Hero or villains we may look at running up the pole are bubblers, stone tanks/brutes, Archery set...
Any other thoughts?
mmmgood
mmmgood
Achiever
Achiever

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Sun May 03, 2009 12:17 am

I have a ton to work on now here on Virtue. Not only do I want to get my basic 7 done on villain side and get the base pimped out for this VG, but once all that's done, we can open this SG up to running heroes as well and we'll need to get that base running and I can create some new heroes to run to 50 and/or I can transfer some from Champion.

With everything on my plate, the only reason I can see to run on other servers would be during double XP when Virtue shuts down, but only for the purpose of then transferring that toon wherever I ended up wanting it to go, which would probably be Virtue anyway.
Mighty
Mighty

Back to top Go down

Post by Relive Tue May 05, 2009 9:08 am

So, considering the monster xp, is anyone dual-boxing toons? Seems like the leveling pact would work good.
Relive
Relive
Productive Member
Productive Member

http://daafish.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Emprad Tue May 05, 2009 9:36 am

i was running a farm earlier and it was pretty sweet, i went from 25 or 26-30 in 1 run it was all comm officers and there were some buffing allys in the groups. the fire/kin i was with was taking out mobs in about 3-4 seconds we finished the big freak farm size map in about 1/3 the time it takes to do it normally on a quick team and it was really only me and the fire/kin jumping the mobs (me run in taunt take alpha he runs in and owns them) while the others were all single target damage dealers or too low to even help taking care of the 1 or 2 stragglers that there might have been every few mobs the number for it is #99186 the title is something to do with fried chicken lol
Emprad
Emprad
Achiever
Achiever

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Tue May 05, 2009 11:07 am

I have several new AE arcs I've come across that I've found to be immensely efficient. I don't plan on grinding through AE all the time from here on out, but since I have so many things to do and so many toons to work on now, I have been using it quite a bit, and will be for the near future pretty much most of the time.

If you guys want to run with me and gain some levels, you know I'll be sending out invites.

Cool
Mighty
Mighty

Back to top Go down

Post by Relive Tue May 05, 2009 11:09 am

Emprad, that Borat pic is disturbing! affraid
Relive
Relive
Productive Member