Be sure to either Register with the site to gain access to all the areas of a normal member, or if you're already a member then log on in and join us!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Be sure to either Register with the site to gain access to all the areas of a normal member, or if you're already a member then log on in and join us!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vent status
CoH Server Status

How to get a villain to 50

2 posters

:: General :: Discussions

Go down

How to get a villain to 50 Empty How to get a villain to 50

Post by Silver Shaman Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:58 pm

All right, in honor of the probable beginning of the new, dynamic, FUN static team, the compulsive shaman(yes, you can call me Quisling on the red side, all my villains are some sort of Quisling, why you may ask..because I use the random costume generator and the first costume that came up was a pirate with a Q on his chest, yes, I do care that little about the costume and toon name) has looked at the accolades and SFs/story arcs, trying to make a strong push to 50. This is a first attempt. Please make suggestions. I have very little redside experience and want to make this reasonable.

In terms of accolades,

Born in Battle Self: +Max Health, +Max Endurance
You've proved yourself as Born in Battle, adding 5% to both your Endurance and Hit Point totals. ---not gonna happen easily, need 5 hours in Bloody Bay, 10million damage inflicted on you, just not reasonalbe with a team.

Demonic Aura Self: +Resistance(All but Psionics) +Defense(All but Psionics)
The spirit of a demon resides within you. Bringing it to the surface of your mind can make you highly resistant to all types of damage for a short time. You mustn't let the demon inside you out for too long, however, or it just may cost you your mortal soul. --reasonable. Other than exploration, we just need to do the Archmage Tarixus story arc and defeat 200 CoT cold demons.

Force of Nature Self: +Recharge, + Recovery, +Accuracy, -Defense
You have shown yourself as a true Force of Nature, and been bestowed with the fury of the elements. Like most supernatural gifts, the Force of Nature is both a blessing and a curse. By using it you can greatly increase your recharge speed, Endurance recovery, and Accuracy for 1 minute. However, your Defense will be severely reduced. --possible but difficult. need to meet multiple criteria in mayhem missions, e.g. 10 arson side missions, etc, as well as defeat 100 NPC heroes.

Stolen Immobilizer Ray Ranged, Moderate DoT(Energy), Foe: Immobilize, -Speed, -Recharge
In your crime spree, you have acquired an Immobilizer Ray. You're not sure where it came from, but it sure is useful for stopping foes in their tracks. ---reasonable but not a big deal. Need to do the Television arc and Deathsurge defeat(GM that spawns q100 Cap au Diable demons defeated).

High Pain Threshold +Max HP
You've got an incredibly High Pain Threshold, an after effect of which is that your hit points are 10% greater than normal. ---reasonable, need to do Hard Luck arc and pay off 1.2million debt(among other things)

Invader Self: +Max Health
As an Invader, you have been granted a permanent increase to your Max Hit Points by 5%. ----reasonable, need to get 9 exploration badges in all mayhem missions, need to focus on a lot of paper missions to get this

Marshal Self: +5 Max Endurence
You've been awared the title of Marshal For your Service to Arachnos. This has given you a 5 283172616ncrease [sic] to Endurance. ----reasonable but need to do Willy Wheeler arc, as well as Lord Recluse's SF

Megalomaniac Self: +Special
You've wanted more control and now you have it. Activating this power increases the power of all of your Sleeps, Holds, Immobilize, and Confuse for 60 seconds. You can only activate it once every 25 minutes. ---not that big a deal to all ATs, but, other than defeating 200 shivans, not bad, need to do Ice Mistral's SF and Lorenz Ansaldo arc.

So, with all that in mind, I would suggest a general path to 50 as:

1-5 Sewers
6-10 paper missions, mayhem mission
11-15 paper missions, mayhem mission(this is back-up and should be done every 5 levels, in order to get all the exploration badges, I'll stop mentioning it now, but remember, to get the Invader +health accolade, we need to do a mayhem mission every 5 levels and get the exploration badge)
15-19 Willy Wheeler arc(introduced by Peter Themari, we may need to do his arc, depedning on introduction by paper), Virgil Tarikoss SF(from Cap au Diable)
20-24 Lorenz Ansaldo arc, Silver Mantis SF(VG base from mission computer)
25-29 Archmage Tarixus arc, Operative Renault SF(both in Sharkhead Isle)
30-34 Hard Luck arc(St. Martial)
35-39 Ashley McKnight arc(opens Midnighter's club), Ice Mistral SF(in St. Martial)
40-44 ITF
45+ Television arc, Lord Recluse SF

This is obviously only meant as a guideline but should maximize accolades and merits by 50. RWZ is not even mentioned, but could certainly be added, probably in the 40s, perhaps even including the Lady Grey SF. I assume here that we won't need to do the Ouro arc, but will jsut ahve someone open a portal for us and get the exploration badge when >25.
Silver Shaman
Silver Shaman
Productive Member
Productive Member

Back to top Go down

How to get a villain to 50 Empty Re: How to get a villain to 50

Post by Molecular Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:59 am

See my bolded, italicized, underlined comments below:

Born in Battle Self: +Max Health, +Max Endurance
You've proved yourself as Born in Battle, adding 5% to both your Endurance and Hit Point totals. ---not gonna happen easily, need 5 hours in Bloody Bay, 10million damage inflicted on you, just not reasonalbe with a team. This is one of the easiest to get. Start an ouro arc then go park your ass in the hospital in bloody bay, then go eat, take a nap. This way you won't be logged out because you'll be in a "SF" status. And then, for a couple days that you DON'T plan on playing, log yourself into a mish, find a baddie that WONT kill or stun or disorient you in any way, and then click rest. Leave yourself like this until you have achieved the dmg badge you need. Two days constant with the game going will do it. Easy if you weren't going to play anyway.

Demonic Aura Self: +Resistance(All but Psionics) +Defense(All but Psionics)
The spirit of a demon resides within you. Bringing it to the surface of your mind can make you highly resistant to all types of damage for a short time. You mustn't let the demon inside you out for too long, however, or it just may cost you your mortal soul. --reasonable. Other than exploration, we just need to do the Archmage Tarixus story arc and defeat 200 CoT cold demons. You don't have to do the whole arc, only one mission of it, which he sometimes offers right away, and sometimes he doesn't. To even GET Tarixus you need to get the Lore Keeper history badge, I know where all 4 plaques that need to be read are. The Cold Demons, I'm pretty sure it is 250 you need to kill, and there is a VERY limited amount of places to find the cold demons. Either Hellfrosts in Shark Head, or Hordelings in Cap.

Force of Nature Self: +Recharge, + Recovery, +Accuracy, -Defense
You have shown yourself as a true Force of Nature, and been bestowed with the fury of the elements. Like most supernatural gifts, the Force of Nature is both a blessing and a curse. By using it you can greatly increase your recharge speed, Endurance recovery, and Accuracy for 1 minute. However, your Defense will be severely reduced. --possible but difficult. need to meet multiple criteria in mayhem missions, e.g. 10 arson side missions, etc, as well as defeat 100 NPC heroes. No need to really bother with this accolade. I find it useless for brutes. But if you want this, then you only need 10 arsons, and they only count towards the person who sets them (not the owner of the mayhem mish). That said, they also don't have to be different. I can run PI mayhem (lvl 46-50) on My brute 10 times and you'll get the arson badge.

Stolen Immobilizer Ray Ranged, Moderate DoT(Energy), Foe: Immobilize, -Speed, -Recharge
In your crime spree, you have acquired an Immobilizer Ray. You're not sure where it came from, but it sure is useful for stopping foes in their tracks. ---reasonable but not a big deal. Need to do the Television arc and Deathsurge defeat(GM that spawns q100 Cap au Diable demons defeated). This is wrong. You have to FIND the gremlins and kill them. Want to know how long this takes with 4 people killing them? Hours. More hours then you want to spend doing it. I have it on ONE toon only and will not get it on any others. Don't bother with this useless accolade.

High Pain Threshold +Max HP
You've got an incredibly High Pain Threshold, an after effect of which is that your hit points are 10% greater than normal. ---reasonable, need to do Hard Luck arc and pay off 1.2million debt(among other things) Easy to get accolade

Invader Self: +Max Health
As an Invader, you have been granted a permanent increase to your Max Hit Points by 5%. ----reasonable, need to get 9 exploration badges in all mayhem missions, need to focus on a lot of paper missions to get this This is another simple accolade to get, and doesn't require a lot of thought about paper missions. You just do them and eventually you'll get this.

Marshal Self: +5 Max Endurence
You've been awared the title of Marshal For your Service to Arachnos. This has given you a 5 283172616ncrease [sic] to Endurance. ----reasonable but need to do Willy Wheeler arc, as well as Lord Recluse's SF Yeah, you want this one.

Megalomaniac Self: +Special
You've wanted more control and now you have it. Activating this power increases the power of all of your Sleeps, Holds, Immobilize, and Confuse for 60 seconds. You can only activate it once every 25 minutes. ---not that big a deal to all ATs, but, other than defeating 200 shivans, not bad, need to do Ice Mistral's SF and Lorenz Ansaldo arc. Good for Doms, and thats about it.

So, with all that in mind, I would suggest a general path to 50 as:

1-5 Sewers No sewers redside. For this just run the low lvl arcs.
6-10 paper missions, mayhem mission Papers wont lvl you fast enough. There is what is known as the "bank farm" You can lvl fast enough but it is only goot to a certain lvl. As long as you don't lvl past 9 you'll be fine.
11-15 paper missions, mayhem mission(this is back-up and should be done every 5 levels, in order to get all the exploration badges, I'll stop mentioning it now, but remember, to get the Invader +health accolade, we need to do a mayhem mission every 5 levels and get the exploration badge) Do Port Oakes arcs. If you're gonna play a SoA then do the SoA arcs. Or make one of the SoA's the leader until you do all the SoA arc you can for the lvl range.
15-19 Willy Wheeler arc(introduced by Peter Themari, we may need to do his arc, depedning on introduction by paper), Virgil Tarikoss SF(from Cap au Diable)
20-24 Lorenz Ansaldo arc, Silver Mantis SF(VG base from mission computer)
25-29 Archmage Tarixus arc, Operative Renault SF(both in Sharkhead Isle)
30-34 Hard Luck arc(St. Martial)
35-39 Ashley McKnight arc(opens Midnighter's club), Ice Mistral SF(in St. Martial)
40-44 ITF
45+ Television arc, Lord Recluse SF

Here's the bottom line, don't worry so much about the mayhems. The invader accolade is not that big a deal to get and is fairly easy even if you miss some mayhems, SOMEONE will be able to get them. DO THE CONTACTS, DO THE CONTACTS, DO THE CONTACTS. I can't stress this enough. There is a lot of good story out there. Also when you get into your 40's, DO THE WESTIN PHIPPS ARC!!! This is probably the ONLY arc in the game that makes you really feel villainous. I'm available any time if you need to ask where things in the game are. I've got plenty of redside experience, so please do not hesitate to ask.

Last edited by Molecular on Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Molecular
Molecular
Admin/Co-Founder/Ventrilo & Forum God

Character sheet
Character Name: Molecular
Archtype: Blaster
Level:
How to get a villain to 50 Left_bar_bleue50/50How to get a villain to 50 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

https://anarchistsoffreedom.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Shaman Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:23 am

Great input, thanks, all sounds good to me!
Silver Shaman
Silver Shaman
Productive Member
Productive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Molecular Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:37 am

It's what I'm here for Very Happy
Molecular
Molecular

Character sheet
Character Name: Molecular
Archtype: Blaster
Level:
How to get a villain to 50 Left_bar_bleue50/50How to get a villain to 50 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

https://anarchistsoffreedom.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: General :: Discussions

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum