Be sure to either Register with the site to gain access to all the areas of a normal member, or if you're already a member then log on in and join us!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Be sure to either Register with the site to gain access to all the areas of a normal member, or if you're already a member then log on in and join us!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vent status
CoH Server Status

Settle this argument....

4 posters

Go down

Hulk or Superman?

Settle this argument.... I_vote_lcap33%Settle this argument.... I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
Settle this argument.... I_vote_lcap67%Settle this argument.... I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 3

Settle this argument.... Empty Settle this argument....

Post by Mighty Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:21 am

Ok, I want to get your guys' imput and settle an argument my friend and I was having.

The question:
Who would win in a fight between the Hulk and Superman? Please think this question through before you vote, and reply to this thread with any reasons why you believe one would win over the over. This is also just a straight out slug fest, so don't consider things like "well, if there were civilians around, or what if they were on the moon?" or any weird details like that. Pound for pound, who's the victor?
Mighty
Mighty
Admin/Co-Founder/and One Sexy Bitch

Back to top Go down

Settle this argument.... Empty Re: Settle this argument....

Post by Silver Shaman Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Hulk, because Marvel is better!

In all seriousness, isn't Hulk's skin partly krytonite(hence the green hue)?

First punch, Superman. Everything after that, Hulk. I mean, come on, Doomsday took down Superman, for Pete's sake. Hulk is just too dumb to stay down.

So, yeah, Hulk. But not Rulk, that would just be dumb.
Silver Shaman
Silver Shaman
Productive Member
Productive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:45 pm

No, Hulk's skin in not Kryptonite; it's green because of gamma radiation, and that wouldn't mean anything to Superman.

Keep in mind that Doomsday is a monster from Krypton, so he's pretty much Hulk and Superman put together, and that Superman also killed Doomsday when they fought, so I wouldn't say that Doomsday is a strike against the boy scout, but rather a plus for him, if you think about it, since that's pretty much like a normal man killing Bigfoot with his bare hands; if the man who did it also died during the fight, we wouldn't think, "man, what a wimp."

Hulk is basically a super strength/regen brute because he's pretty vulnerable to attack (it isn't like he can take a bullet to the eye without blinking the way that Superman can, and people like Wolverine and Windego consistently shred him with their claws) but he does heal very, very quickly (in certain stories, even faster than Wolverine does) and he gets stronger when he gets madder (much like a brute's Fury).

Superman, on the other hand, is pretty much an INV/SS tank with perma unstoppable, plus he's so fast, he's also pretty much perma MoG and Elude if he doesn't want you to hit him (the guy almost keeps up with the Flash). Superman also has the intelligence factor on his side, plus his flight gives him a distinct advantage if the fight were to occur in the air at any point.

So, basically, Superman is undoubtedly tougher and infinitely faster; his strength is also greater to begin with, but Hulk could arguably become stronger than Superman, if he became angry enough (although both heroes would have their limits, and their bodies would probably succumb to the damage they'd taken long before either actually reached their peak damage dealing capability, IMO).

Thinking about it logically, the argument is really, "do you think that Hulk could possibly get angry enough fast enough that his strength would somehow overcome both Superman's speed and his invulnerability before Superman's strength managed to overcome Hulk's regen capability?"

I gotta say no. If not for Supe's speed, I would say that Hulk definitely had a chance, but with Superman's invulnerability in addition to how fast he is, I really don't see how Hulk would ever even touch Superman if Superman didn't want him to, and even if he did, Superman is much harder to hurt than Hulk is. My thought is that Superman would overcome Hulk's regen long before Hulk's Fury could somehow defeat Superman's speed.

When you consider each hero at the peek of their capabilities, it really isn't fair for anyone to fight Superman, which is actually the Achilles' heal to Superman's popularity: he's too invincible, and therefore boring.

And, for the most part, I definitely agree that Marvel is better. One way that DC Universe Online could be cooler is if it was Marvel Universe Online instead, LOL.

lol!
Mighty
Mighty

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Shaman Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:11 am

Mighty, way too much thought(yes, I do know the details of Hulk and Superman, I am a comic geek also).

Now, I want to know who voted but didn't give reasons. They were, of course, wrong.

Only because I want them to be wrong.
Silver Shaman
Silver Shaman
Productive Member
Productive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:42 am

hahaha.

I don't know who else voted, and I don't think I have the ability to see, even as an admin.
Mighty
Mighty

Back to top Go down

Post by blkcell Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:11 pm

Superman Can fly in space and the Hulk can't. All He has to do is pick the hulk up and throw him in to space. His lung would implode from lack of oxygen and his Blood would Freeze. Death would follow very fast after that, No coming back after that one LOL
blkcell
blkcell
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:54 am

Yeah, I've also made the argument in the past that Superman's flight would make it so that he could take Hulk out of his element (I figure he'd just come to realize, "okay, this monster is a threat to everyone" and would just throw Hulk into the Sun).

But others would argue that as strong as Hulk is, that Superman wouldn't be able to simply carry him out of our atmosphere; I disagree.
Mighty
Mighty

Back to top Go down

Settle this argument.... Empty hmm

Post by mmmgood Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:59 pm

I would have to say in some of the discussion of wether the Hulk could survie outside of Space and no oxygen I think he can learn from his experiences...so we would need to say things like:

1 ) young or old Superman?

2 ) young or Old Hulk?

3 ) barring Sun, moon, outerspace, blackholes, plasma torches.

I would say in a Fist to Fist I would go with the Hulk.

If we talk Brainiac Superman...why does he always have to consult his "crystals" is he some kind of addict?
mmmgood
mmmgood
Achiever
Achiever

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:15 pm

Regardless of those details, I don't see how Hulk's abilities would make him a challenge considering Superman's Super Speed. It isn't just that he runs fast, he has super reflexes, and Hulk wouldn't really lay a hand on him no matter how mad he got if you think about it.
Mighty
Mighty

Back to top Go down

Post by blkcell Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:04 pm

Very true LOL
blkcell
blkcell
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum