Be sure to either Register with the site to gain access to all the areas of a normal member, or if you're already a member then log on in and join us!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Be sure to either Register with the site to gain access to all the areas of a normal member, or if you're already a member then log on in and join us!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vent status
CoH Server Status

What should I name my toon?

:: Resources :: Resources

Go down

What should I name my toon? Empty What should I name my toon?

Post by Mighty Fri May 01, 2009 11:25 am

For those of you who have a hard time deciding what to name your toons, here are a few things that help me when I'm having a creative mind-block.

Option #1:
One thing you can do is visit:

http://www.rhymezone.com/

I like this site because it helps you think of more words. Let's say I had a toon who was based on bombs or explosives. I can go to that site, type in bombs, then click the pull-down window and select synonyms, antonyms, similar sounding words, or whatever it is I'm looking for. When you do that, you click "Go get it!" and voila, you may just have something inspiring pop up in the search results which will not only help you decide on a toon's name, but you can get the definition for it and even make sure you have is spelled corrently (if I see one more toon with the word "violince" in their name, I'm gonna have to open a can in a PvP zone, I swear. It's v-i-o-l-E-n-c-e, people, c'mon!).

Option #2:
I will also go to this website sometimes:

www.reference.com

Which is basically a dictionary, thesaurus, and standard reference website. This will not only give you spelling and definitions, but I find that the thesaurus is awesome because it is extensive and gives you synonyms for a word based on it's several different potential meanings and usage. This is one of my favorite resources when naming a toon.

Option #3:
If you don't have a creative bone in your body, and totally need someone to do all your dirty work for you, you can try this site:

http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=superheronameorg

This is a cool option because you will have three pull-down windows in which you use generic terms to describe your character. Once you do that, you click "Generate" and the site will make a suggestion for your toon's name. If you don't like what you see, click generate as many times as you need until you see something that catches your eye. If you do that and still don't find anything you like, try tampering with the order and settings of the pulldown window until you see something that inspires you.

These are a few of the tricks I've used and know that other players use. Feel free to reply with ideas that work for you!
Mighty
Mighty
Admin/Co-Founder/and One Sexy Bitch
Admin/Co-Founder/and One Sexy Bitch

Back to top Go down

What should I name my toon? Empty Re: What should I name my toon?

Post by Guest Fri May 01, 2009 1:31 pm

All I got to say is, I LOVE YOU MIGHTY! I hate thinking of names for my toons. I will use this ALOT!

Back to top Go down

:: Resources :: Resources

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum