Be sure to either Register with the site to gain access to all the areas of a normal member, or if you're already a member then log on in and join us!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Be sure to either Register with the site to gain access to all the areas of a normal member, or if you're already a member then log on in and join us!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vent status
CoH Server Status

New build for Rogue

4 posters

Go down

New build for Rogue Empty New build for Rogue

Post by blkcell Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:26 pm

Well this system should rock.
Oh yeah I'm going to build it

I'm looking to get the new nivda card when it comes out with an i7 1366 board
with i7 975 and SSD 80 gig drives. As you can see this is going to cost a pretty
penny to build. I would like to know will this work with going rouge and what
will be the new specs at the top end system at the Max
settings.

I'm also looking in to having
3 multi monitor setup from Matrox. The monitors I have are LG
W2753V-PF Black 27" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Full HD 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor 400 cd/m2
50000:1.
But the Video cards are going to be the new Nvida that will be
coming out in a few months. I know that this works in WoW right now. I would
like to set this up for Rouge. I've changed my mind on the 80 SSD drives instead
I'm going to use 3 120 GB SSD SLC drives. In a 0 raid config. So that's going to be
crazzy fast. I've all ready up graded my cable feed from 15 to 20 Mb. Now my
down is 30.71 Mb/s upload time is 1.91 Mb/s ping is 49 ms. As you can see I'm
getting ready.

I think this should set me up for a long time.
I wonder I ca could call the Moon with this. HMmmm LOL

blkcell
blkcell
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

New build for Rogue Empty Re: New build for Rogue

Post by Molecular Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:24 am

Here's the thing, if what you have is good now, don't go fucking with it that much. The only thing you should even be considering is upgrading your RAM, and the Video card(s). If your motherboard can support it, I'd say go with 2 1gig Nvidia cards and run them in SLI mode. The only reason I have lag issues at all right now is due to my internet connection and that's it. I plan on upgrading WC's and my own video cards when I'm able to. I'm also going to take us from 4 gigs to 8 gigs of RAM. The mobo and processors are fine, and our power supplies have more than enough sack to handle anything I want to put in the case.

In the end though Blk, it's your decision on what you want to do. I just don't want you to go and spend money for no reason where you don't need to. So, to recap my opinion:

Upgrade Video Card(s)- yes. With 2 1gig Nvidia cards in SLI if mobo supports it.

Upgrade RAM- yes. If you are running a 64 bit system, in most cases you can have up to 16 gigs. 8 should be more than sufficient.

Everything else- leave it be unless you really want to go spending money you don't need to be spending.

Just my $.02
Molecular
Molecular
Admin/Co-Founder/Ventrilo & Forum God

Character sheet
Character Name: Molecular
Archtype: Blaster
Level:
New build for Rogue Left_bar_bleue50/50New build for Rogue Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

https://anarchistsoffreedom.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sooldwk Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:30 am

To Moleculars comment:

"considering is upgrading your RAM, and the Video card(s). If your motherboard can support it, I'd say go with 2 1gig Nvidia cards and run them in SLI mode."

This is what I did to my older system and it runs smooth still.

Older system bought in 2004(or 2005) CPU is a 4200 AMD 64 running Windows XP (32bit)

The cards are I believe an 8500 Nvidia GT. If you find the newer cards I'd bet youd get a lot more bang for your buck at this time unless you want to spend it on a whole new system. Which you probably will have to upgrade the cards if you go with an OEM system.

Last edited by Sooldwk on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Sooldwk
Sooldwk
Achiever
Achiever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sooldwk Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:41 am

Since were talking PC's here though. Which Operating Systems are loading up quicker now a days ? Is there somewhere I can find true comparisons of systems and there booting up times?

Excluding Virus software can help with this I know but it seems the Windows 7 has a faster boot up time than other systems.
Sooldwk
Sooldwk
Achiever
Achiever

Back to top Go down

Post by Molecular Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:52 pm

You can make just about any MS OS boot up faster that the others if you know how to turn shit off upon loadup. Out of the box they will all be rather slowbooting. Have someone tell you, or figure out how to mess with things can descrease boot times considerably. So it really isn't a question of which loads faster, it's a question of whether or not you know how to turn off shit you don't need booting up. Virus software not withstanding. This is considering my Vista-64Bit modified startup boots up faster that Win 7 out of the box.
Molecular
Molecular

Character sheet
Level:
New build for Rogue Left_bar_bleue50/50New build for Rogue Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

Back to top Go down

Post by Terra Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:05 pm

Most gaming mags I've read on the subject, regarding windows 7 is that it will be a lil quicker, on boot by 5-7 secs, depending if your upgrading from XP or vista, with the most increase upgrading from Vista. Most usually recommend not upgrading the OS unless its a new system build, or if you just HAVE to have the latest Direct X goodness. http://www.blackviper.com/Windows_7/servicecfg.htm is a good source for learning the tweaks to disabling services etc., for faster boots. Prob a long read, but if you take a couple hrs., you can help your system noticably.
Terra
Terra

Back to top Go down

Post by Molecular Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:06 pm

Sooldwk wrote:To Moleculars comment:

"considering is upgrading your RAM, and the Video card(s). If your motherboard can support it, I'd say go with 2 1gig Nvidia cards and run them in SLI mode."

This is what I did to my older system and it runs smooth still.

Older system bought in 2004(or 2005) CPU is a 4200 AMD 64 running Windows XP (32bit)

The cards are I believe an 8500 Nvidia GT. If you find the newer cards I'd bet youd get a lot more bang for your buck at this time unless you want to spend it on a whole new system. Which you probably will have to upgrade the cards if you go with an OEM system.

To touch on this a bit, yes if you go spending money on a new system, you will most defiantely be spending the money for new Video Cards. Which is kind of a waste since you will, as I said, get the same performance out of just upgrading the video cards and RAM alone. Maybe even a new power supply, but I think you'll be fine unless your current power supply just sucks monkey balls.
Molecular
Molecular

Character sheet
Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by Molecular Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:09 pm

Terra wrote:Most gaming mags I've read on the subject, regarding windows 7 is that it will be a lil quicker, on boot by 5-7 secs, depending if your upgrading from XP or vista, with the most increase upgrading from Vista. Most usually recommend not upgrading the OS unless its a new system build, or if you just HAVE to have the latest Direct X goodness. http://www.blackviper.com/Windows_7/servicecfg.htm is a good source for learning the tweaks to disabling services etc., for faster boots. Prob a long read, but if you take a couple hrs., you can help your system noticably.

I can talk someone through the same shit in about 5 minutes. And as I said, currently my Vista boots faster than Win 7 out of the box.

In fact, this may prompt me to do another tutorial complete with screen shots for those who wish to learn how to do it. It doesn't really take long to do. A Gaming Mag will just go further into detail than the average user will ever need to know anyways.
Molecular
Molecular

Character sheet
Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down