Be sure to either Register with the site to gain access to all the areas of a normal member, or if you're already a member then log on in and join us!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Be sure to either Register with the site to gain access to all the areas of a normal member, or if you're already a member then log on in and join us!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vent status
CoH Server Status

The Golden Rule

Go down

The Golden Rule Empty The Golden Rule

Post by Mighty Fri May 01, 2009 1:12 pm

This SG is referred to as the Anarchists because that, in essence, is what we are. Our motto pretty much sums it up, that "Anarchy is not chaos, it's order without control."

Anarchy is defined as:

"a theory that regards the absence of all direct or coercive government
as a political ideal and that proposes the cooperative and voluntary
association of individuals and groups as the principal method of
organized society."

What the hell does that mean?

It means that our system is based on the fact that you will not have anyone directly coercing you into doing things you don't want to do; it also means that you will not have someone governing you and preventing you from doing the things you do want to do. That may make it sound like we're a chaotic group with no direction, but that's not true. You see, an anarchy proposes that a group be cooperative and voluntary as our method of organization as a group of people.

As an example, that means that if you like to RP when you play, no one in this SG has the right to tell you not to, but if you don't like to RP, again, no one has the right to tell you that you have to. Whether you like to RP, PL, farm, do scanners, fight Freakshow, do AE, run Task Forces or Strike Forces, or whatever, it is entirely up to you, and no one in the SG, administrator or otherwise, can ever tell you to stop it.

There will be, however, one rule in this SG. This is the only rule of the SG, and breaking this rule will get you kicked and get your global banned from the SG. From here on out, this rule will be known as the "Golden Rule" and that rule is:

As a member of this group of people, you WILL respect your fellow Anarchists for Freedom. Basically, DRAMA IS NOT ALLOWED HERE!

Anarchy is order without control. The problem with drama, beefs, and grudges, is that they create disorder. Therefore, mistreating any other members of this SG will not be tolerated. AT ALL.

If you have a disagreement with someone, you can deal with it in tells or through Private Messages on the website, or whatever, but you absolutely cannot abuse the website forums, global chat channel, supergroup channel, coalition channel, or Ventrillo server to deal with your issues with each other.

Many of our founding members came from an SG which was very rigid in what it would and what it would not allow. This frequently lead to arguements and players either quitting or getting kicked from the SG. It seemed like there was constantly a beef or an argument going on and every so often, the SG would fall apart and need to be rebuilt.

In this SG, you are free to do whatever you want just so long as it does not infringe on other players because we're simply not willing to allow petty grudges and falling-outs to cause issues of discord and disorder within our SG.

Notice I did not say MY SG. As the founding memebers, Molecular and I will be dealing with the administration of this SG, but we truly are not in any way going to be placing ourselves as authority figures over you.

Now, you may be asking yourself, "what if someone is harassing me within the SG and I tried to deal with them privately but there doesn't seem to be any way I can get them to stop?"

That's a good question.

If you are having a situation like that, and you can't get a fellow member of the SG to stop harassing you, notify me @M I G H T Y, or Molecular @Molecular, immediately. PLEASE DO THIS PRIVATELY AS WELL. Send me, or Molecular, a Private Message on the website and we will settle the issue for you. Sometimes these issues will have to be settled by having both members agree to leave each other alone, and sometimes that means that an offensive member will have to be kicked.

It is, however, not our intention to bully anyone into doing anything they don't want to do, and we hope that we never have to go so far as to ban anyone from this SG.

It is our intention to provide you and your friends a place where you can enjoy the game and network with friends in an environment in which you are neither controlled nor harassed.

If you have any questions about this policy, feel free to send me a Private Message through this website. You can do so by clicking the "PM" icon at the top of any of the pages within this website.
Mighty
Mighty
Admin/Co-Founder/and One Sexy Bitch
Admin/Co-Founder/and One Sexy Bitch

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum