Be sure to either Register with the site to gain access to all the areas of a normal member, or if you're already a member then log on in and join us!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Be sure to either Register with the site to gain access to all the areas of a normal member, or if you're already a member then log on in and join us!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vent status
CoH Server Status

New changes to the SG- cliffnotes of last night's meeting

4 posters

Go down

New changes to the SG- cliffnotes of last night's meeting Empty New changes to the SG- cliffnotes of last night's meeting

Post by Mighty Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:35 am

For any of those who attended the meeting last night, I want to say thank you for being present. For those of you who were unable to attend, this thread will fill you in on the details you missed. We have decided to make changes to the SG/VG because it is our new focus and goal to generate more activity. With that in mind, we have decided to make these changes to the SG/VG:

1-On the hero side, Valor division is now a level 50 division. It's purpose is to hold all the level 50 alts he have that don't particularly get played a whole lot. The base will be made fully functional by Molecular over the next few days, so your 50 alts who are stationed there will have bins and teleporters and such to use.

2-On the red side, the Left for Dead division is also becoming a level 50 division. It's purpose and setup will be the exact same as Valor division.

3- Division 1, on the red side, will be lead by Blkcell, as always, only we have decided to give him complete control over decorating the base, paying the prestige, assigning his own assistant to help him, changing the permission rankings to items in the base, etc, etc. It will be Blkcell's job to kick inactive toons within that division, and make an effort to recruit new members into it.

4- The main divisions will still be lead by myself and Molecular, however, since I am working very hard to fill both divisions with active members, I have asked Project Tactica to be an assistant to me, and he has accepted. It will be his responsibility to attempt to recruit at least 1 person per day to the group. Little Big Ninja has also volunteered to help, and will be assisting Blkcell in Division 1 for the time being. All other people who currently have colonel status will be losing their position, this includes Crimson, Nator, Lord Mortis, Soold, Kharner, Stupidest Hero Alive, Mountain Pounder, and anyone else who still has admin rights of some kind. This is not in any way a knock against those people, but our new system simply does not warrant the use of a ton of colonels.

5- When it comes to the level 50 divisions, Valor and Left for Dead, we suggest that you do NOT run in SG mode. You can use your level 50's in those divisions to earn cash, and SG mode is unnecessary there. Also, level 50 toons who are stationed in the level 50 divisions do not have to worry about our activity policy, and they can stay inactive in those divisions as long as they want to.

6- the new activity policy is 21 days. You MUST log your toons in at least once every 21 days (unless they are 50's in the left for dead and valor divisions). We will be sending you a tell when your toon is getting close to being over the 21 day mark, but once it gets to day 22, it will be kicked. The only exception to this rule is if someone has informed us that they will be gone for a certain amount of time that prevents them from playing. If you toon does get kicked, don't get offended, simply send us a tell and we'll re-invite the toon to the group.

7- We are going to enforce the guideline again that players are not allowed to use our resources to promote teams or events that are happening on other servers. This includes the website, ventrilo, global chat channel, coalition channels, or any other resource which was created for the members of the A of F. This guild is one which runs on Virtue server only, and it will not be tolerated if a player wants to use our resources against us.

8- There are several people who have been colonels since we started, and many of them are not any longer. If you have a toon who has admin rights, it must be demoted. The only exception to this rule will be people who have a higher ranking so that they can have a more private bin in the different divisions. If someone does get granted a higher level of ranking so that they may have a more private bin in the bases, that will be decided by Molecular and me based on our discretion.

9- We know that we have many toons which have to switch divisions now, and many players who need to have their ranking either promoted or demoted, however, we don't want to wait a long time to get this done, so we are setting a 1 week limit for when all this needs to get done. The 1 week deadline is March 30th, because it is exactly 1 week since we had the meeting to inform everyone about these changes. If your toon(s) have not gotten into the correct division or had their proper promotion/demotion, they will be kicked until you can manage to log them in and get them sorted out correctly. It is your responsibility to keep your toons within the activity policy, and get them into the right divisions by March 30th. We will be sending quite a large amount of tells trying to get everyone sorted out, but if you toon still ends up getting kicked, simply log it in when you get the chance and get it invited to the right division.

10- For those who have a level 50 in one of the main divisions which you play alot and has a lot of prestige, so you don't want to move it because you will lose your prestige stats, we are going to allow everyone to have up to 2 level 50 toons in the main divisions. All others will have to move to one of the level 50 divisions. That way, players who are proud of how much prestige they earned can manage to maintain those statistics.

11- Toons who run in the main division (regardless of their level) are not required to run in SG mode, but we would appreciate it if they did. Any player who does run in SG mode will be rewarded if they ever need help obtaining their basic needs, such as SO's or knock back IO's. Players who run in SG mode will be more likely to be taken care of financially if they need help than people who refuse to run in SG mode.

12- We are working our asses off to promote activity around here, and the main way that we accomplish that is by the use of Ventrilo. If you are online, please log into Ventrilo, even if you don't have a mic. This is not something that anyone HAS to do, but it would be nice if we could get people to start doing it more because we will find it easier, and a group, to form up more interesting teams and run things like raids, TF's, SF's, trials, etc. Our new focus around here is to promote activity and make things fun for our members, but it's harder to do when people are not in Ventrilo.

13- Because we are working so hard to get new members into Ventrilo, I am rewarding new members who log into Ventrilo with 10 million in either infamy or influence, depending on their preference. This excludes anyone who has ever been in ventrilo before. If you do manage to get someone to log into ventrilo, and reward them by giving them 10 million for doing so, inform me and I will compensate you. Just be sure to write down their ventrilo login name so that I can verify that you got a new member into the server.

14- For the time being, we won't be making any new colonels, but if you happen to see people who don't have an SG, and you're teaming with them or something, it would be nice if people made a small effort in saying something like, "for those of you who are looking for an active SG, I know of one if you're interested." or something like that. Even though it will not be anyone's responsibility to recruit (other than Molecular, myself, Blk, Ninja, and Project) it would be nice if people did make at least a tiny effort to scoop up a new member when you see someone without an SG. That way, we can lighten some of the load for our admin.

15- I forgot to mention that no toons will be allowed in the 50 divisions, Valor and Left for Dead, which are NOT level 50. Level 50 toons are the only toons allowed in those divisions, and the only exception we are making to that rule for the time being are those toons who are in those divisions who are on the brink of 50, have a lot of prestige earned, and want to finish reaching level 50 so that they can be retired into that division with nice-looking prestige stats. If you recruit a member, make sure you do not recruit a lowbie into the 50 division, or we'll end up having to move or kick that person. Also keep in mind that everyone in this group has the right to invite a player to the SG/VG, so if someone needs a toon transferred to another group, and Molecular and I are not on, do us a favor and help each other get your toons invited to the right groups.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any more details we discussed which need to be restated, but if there are any other facts you need to know which we are changing, I will reply to this thread with those changes.

Thanks-
Mighty
Mighty
Admin/Co-Founder/and One Sexy Bitch
Admin/Co-Founder/and One Sexy Bitch

Back to top Go down

New changes to the SG- cliffnotes of last night's meeting Empty Re: New changes to the SG- cliffnotes of last night's meeting

Post by Molecular Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:28 am

Just to touch on a couple of things. Valor is FULLY operational. All teleporters and a crap load of bins that are open to EVERYONE. Ok, I lost my train of thought, so when I remember what I was gonna say, I'll reply here.
Molecular
Molecular
Admin/Co-Founder/Ventrilo & Forum God
Admin/Co-Founder/Ventrilo & Forum God

Character sheet
Character Name: Molecular
Archtype: Blaster
Level:
New changes to the SG- cliffnotes of last night's meeting Left_bar_bleue50/50New changes to the SG- cliffnotes of last night's meeting Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

https://anarchistsoffreedom.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

New changes to the SG- cliffnotes of last night's meeting Empty Re: New changes to the SG- cliffnotes of last night's meeting

Post by mnm Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:29 pm

nice stuff, just seems to add words to those 'unwritten' or 'FAQs' that happen with every group. Nothing earth shattering Smile.
mnm
mnm
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Keeshaba Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:30 pm

*raises hand* It was like 2005 the last time I logged into a Vent server. I have no idea how to do it. Can someone help/point me in the right direction?
Keeshaba
Keeshaba
Productive Member
Productive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mnm Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:05 pm

Hey Kee, I hope this link help. Molecular posted it, it's pretty straightforward ESPECIALLY for those who used vent before (like myself also). Basically, once you DL vent, then follow his post and it should go smooth as butter.
boojeah!
mnm
mnm
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Keeshaba Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:35 pm

mnm wrote:Hey Kee, I hope this link help. Molecular posted it, it's pretty straightforward ESPECIALLY for those who used vent before (like myself also). Basically, once you DL vent, then follow his post and it should go smooth as butter.
boojeah!

Thank ye! New changes to the SG- cliffnotes of last night's meeting Icon_smile

And now all set up. Smile
Keeshaba
Keeshaba
Productive Member
Productive Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum