Be sure to either Register with the site to gain access to all the areas of a normal member, or if you're already a member then log on in and join us!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Be sure to either Register with the site to gain access to all the areas of a normal member, or if you're already a member then log on in and join us!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vent status
CoH Server Status

Do I have to run in SG mode?

Go down

Do I have to run in SG mode? Empty Do I have to run in SG mode?

Post by Mighty Fri May 01, 2009 2:04 pm

One of the most common questions I hear from new recruits into any SG or VG is, "do I have to run in SG mode?"

They frequently ask this because they know that running in SG mode makes it so that you sacrifice some of your influence (or infamy) in order to earn prestige for the SG. Sometimes this causes players to be hesitant or even unwilling to run in SG mode.

Now, we could hardly call ourselves an Anarchy if we forced players to run in SG mode, so we have no intention of requiring it. However, running in SG mode barely costs you anything to do, and doing it will allow us to get the bases pimped out even faster. Y'all want teleporters, bins, and med-docs and stuff, don'tcha?

I don't require you to run in SG mode because I am the type of player who could take a toon from level 1 to level 50 in two days even before AE was released. Prestige is not an issue for me because I could earn over a million in a month if I really felt like grinding, and so could many of our founding members; however, building an awesome base is somewhat expensive, so your help will be greatly appreciated and rewarded.

Rewarded? How?

Glad you asked. As I was saying, many members of our SG are some of the most experienced players this game has to offer. We are also more than willing to teach and help anyone who wears that red anarchy A on their chest. For anything that you need, money will never be an issue for you again if you will agree to run in SG mode. Keep in mind that I said NEED. Purple IO's and stuff like that are a luxury and not neccessary to build an uber-toon. DO's, SO's, salvage, and things like that, however, are needed and you will never have to worry about buying them again. If you need help aquiring them, one of the administrators will be more than willing to get you hooked up.

Also, the resources this SG offers you goes way beyond cash. Anybody can run a few AE mishs nowadays and be a multi-millionaire (which is just one more reason why you should enter SG mode and not worry about the pennies it costs you) but the knowledge we have in this SG is a rare find in this game. Whether you want to know about macros, binds, builds, badges, content, strategy, or whatever else, I can promise you that someone in the SG not only knows about it, but is going to be willing to help you accomplish whatever it is that you're looking to do.

In a nutshell, to answer this common question: No, you don't HAVE to run in SG mode, but we appreciate it very much if you would.
Mighty
Mighty
Admin/Co-Founder/and One Sexy Bitch
Admin/Co-Founder/and One Sexy Bitch

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum