Be sure to either Register with the site to gain access to all the areas of a normal member, or if you're already a member then log on in and join us!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Be sure to either Register with the site to gain access to all the areas of a normal member, or if you're already a member then log on in and join us!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vent status
CoH Server Status

Dark/Sonic, when you're looking for something different.

:: Builds :: Heroes :: Defender

Go down

Dark/Sonic, when you're looking for something different. Empty Dark/Sonic, when you're looking for something different.

Post by Mighty Fri May 01, 2009 12:08 pm

Many players make emps and rads when they make a defender. Well, to break the monotony and make something seriously effective, I decided to try something else.

Dark/Sonic makes for a very cool defender for those type of people who don't want to stand around buffing people. I've worked Emps to 50 before and the thing I hate about them is that I don't feel like I'm playing the game. I'm a very proactive person in everything I do, so being able to get out there and do something is better suited for me. Standing around tossing CM on everyone, a heal here and there, and forting four people at once simply isn't my style.

The dark/sonic is cool because you don't stand around buffing. Instead, you spend time debuffing the enemy, but not like a rad does. You see, instead of tossing toggles onto the enemy and watching your teammates kill them, you take a more offensive approach. The dark powers you have will debuff the enemy's accuracy and damage as well as their resistance; it also buffs your teammates defense, but with an automatic toggle so you don't have to reapply buffs all the time. The sonic is awesome because it deals great damage with cone attacks and virtually all your attacks will debuff their resistance. Pair these two together, and you have a few disorients to offer the team as well.

Add all that up and you have one bad-ass defender who doesn't rely on his teammates like so many other defenders do. If you're proactive in your gaming approach like I am, and you enjoy making the enemy crap their pants as you tear through their mobs, then the Dark/Sonic is the defender for you. Give it a cool Spawn-like costume that makes Ghost Rider look like a school-girl and you'll have enemies saying, "there's no way that's a defender!"
Mighty
Mighty
Admin/Co-Founder/and One Sexy Bitch
Admin/Co-Founder/and One Sexy Bitch

Back to top Go down