Be sure to either Register with the site to gain access to all the areas of a normal member, or if you're already a member then log on in and join us!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Be sure to either Register with the site to gain access to all the areas of a normal member, or if you're already a member then log on in and join us!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vent status
CoH Server Status

Base Updates

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Base Updates Empty Base Updates

Post by Mighty Thu May 07, 2009 6:10 pm

Awesome job, everyone!

As of today, I was able to work the system around so that we now have teleporters in the base! We have the beacons for every zone except for Pocket D, so far as I know, so you should be able to do your traveling throughout the Rogue Isles.

In order to set this up, I had to remove the medical teleporter and one of the enhancement tables. Those are both fairly cheap though, so if we grind for about a day or two, we should have those things back.

Now, this means two things:

#1- It's time to focus on getting the Medical wing of the base built. Ella and I will be setting up heal farms, and if you guys could do the same, that would be much appreciated.

and

#2- Now that we have the villains base pretty much functional, we can open up the SG to running on heroes side as well. I have already created the Heroes Side SG on Mighty - Man and it is ready and waiting for us. Whenever you get the chance, and that inclination to run on Heroes Side on Virtue, let me know and we'll start getting your toons invited so we can get both SG's rolling at full speed.

Even though we will be opening up the SG to run heroes for those who want to, I still feel like I have a lot of work to do on the Villains Side, so I probably won't be playing it much at first, but once we start getting people's toons invited, we shouldn't have any problem accommodating those who want to run heroically now and then.

Again, very well done, guys. Our SG isn't all that extensive, and you were able to get the base fairly operational in a short period of time without even trying.

You guys should be proud of yourselves, and I hope you enjoy.
Mighty
Mighty
Admin/Co-Founder/and One Sexy Bitch

Back to top Go down

Base Updates Empty Re: Base Updates

Post by Mighty Fri May 08, 2009 12:09 am

Ok, I updated the base at the end of the night and got our medical teleporter back. I had to sell the salvage rack to get it done, but I felt that the medical teleporter was more important since we have no reason to store any base salvage right now.

Within a week or less, we could have the medical stuff out of the way, depending on how much we grind out prestige and the heal badges.

We'll see about it.
Mighty
Mighty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 08, 2009 5:42 am

Good job y'all! We're coming along nicely and very quickly I might add. Keep up the awesome work!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Fri May 08, 2009 10:50 pm

Today we were able to get our salvage rack back, and since we already got our medical teleporter back, all we need is our other enhancement table back and we'll be back to having everything we had before we added the Teleporters.

I also tweaked our control room a little bit to gain us some more control, but it isn't where I'd like it to be because we are barely managing to have enough control to sustain everything, which means that we need to do a bit of reworking so we can have enough control for other things we'll end up adding as we go, such as the rest of the medical wing objects.

We still need to get that medical wing done, so we need to get those heal farms set up right away and get that ball rolling.
Mighty
Mighty

Back to top Go down

Base Updates Empty Awesomeness jellyosos

Post by mmmgood Sat May 09, 2009 8:25 am

I appreciate what you all have done to make this a nice place to play again. I enjoyed getting us the badges for the teleporters but a big thanks to Mighty to put the time in. BTW congratz again on the Wedding anniversary.

The new pc will help with letting her experiment with costumes and stuff.

A big plus to the VG/SG now is we are running nightly with teams that we enjoy!!!

If you say something in Coalition that starts conversation that can help someone with slots/ powers/ IOs I think that will help us all in the end.
mmmgood
mmmgood
Achiever
Achiever

Back to top Go down

Post by Molecular Sat May 09, 2009 8:40 am

So Mighty, have you gotten the wife on the game yet? Hell, you can have her talk to WC if she wants to. WC was hard core against letting me play alot in the beginning, but one dbl xp weekend morning that all changed when she asked me to show her how to play so she would have something to do while I was at work all day (Iwas still in the Navy at the time). I spent that entire saturday showing her the game and explaining to her what I was doing and what things meant. The next day we made her very first toon, and from that day forward until we got 2 computers, I would have to steal the chair and keyboard away from her when she would get up to go bio. And here we are about 2 years and a bunch of 50's later. IT seriously helped alot with the wife aggro, but we also have fun playing the game together too, so long as it doesn't become an all day everyday thing. Unless of course a new issue or feature really interests her. Then there is a chance for an entire weekend killin extravaganza!
Molecular
Molecular
Admin/Co-Founder/Ventrilo & Forum God

Character sheet
Character Name: Molecular
Archtype: Blaster
Level:
Base Updates Left_bar_bleue50/50Base Updates Empty_bar_bleue  (50/50)

https://anarchistsoffreedom.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2009 9:30 am

True, just because you play together doesn't mean thats all there is. You still gotta take some time off from the game and spend time with just her and the kids. You can give her my number if she wants to talk about anything. I will try my best to get her interested lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Sat May 09, 2009 11:53 am

She's going to start playing with us, but she's about ready to pop as far as this new baby is concerned, so it will probably be a little while before she'll feel comfortable within her own skin again and be able to sit down and have a good time with it.

She's never been much of a gamer, but I hope that she'll at least hop on and play with us from time to time.

As far as what Soold was saying, I think that everyone has done an awesome job doing whatever they can to make this SG fun and to get us all the toys we're used to having as an SG.

There isn't too much left to do to the base on villains side as far as necessities are concerned, and once we do manage to achieve those things, I'll start grinding with Mighty - Man to see if we can get a good start on getting the Hero-Side base up and running.
Mighty
Mighty

Back to top Go down

Post by Molecular Sat May 09, 2009 1:46 pm

One thing I will recommend to kind of make it an easy transition into the game for her, would be to have her come sit next to you while you play and explain to her what you're doing and why you're doing it. It would also be a good time to try to explain enhancements to her as well. This way, when she does start out, she won't feel like she absolutely knows nothing about the game.

And P.S. WC was not a gamer at all before that day she asked me to show her how to play the game. So, anything is possible.
Molecular
Molecular

Character sheet
Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 09, 2009 1:50 pm

Can't wait to get to know her! I played while I was pregnant with Odin. I played the day before he was born, and played shortly thereafter as well, I remember cause I had mastered playing and breastfeeding at the same time lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Mon May 11, 2009 12:02 pm

Ok, guys,

We were able to have enough control for the base by a hair recently, so now that we have some prestige again, I went through and upgraded the control room. The size of it is larger now, it has more control to it, and I added one of those Oroborous Crystal Pillar things, which I'm sure Soold will be happy about.

Once we grind a little more prestige, I'll add the rest of the control so that we'll be able to afford to have the medical stuff running without the base shutting down for lack of control.

Speaking of the medical stuff though, we've barely touched the amount of healing we need to do to earn that badge, so it's time to start making some pain doms and set up some heal farms. I think the badge is like 2 million or something like that, so we've barely got a fraction of it at this point.

The good news is that our SG is growing every day. Our number of members grows with everyone we recruit, and the base gets updated after every time we play pretty much.

Way to go, guys.
Mighty
Mighty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Mon May 11, 2009 1:19 pm

This afternoon, I was feeling kind of adventurous so I decided to obtain the Pocket D and Rikti Warzone Beacons for us. For each of these, I have good news, and I have bad news.

For the Pocket D Beacon:
The good news is, we have it; the bad news is, we don't have enough prestige to put it into the base and use it.

For the RWZ Beacon:
The good news is, I have collected every badge except for 1 within the zone, and I know where the last one is; the bad news is, it's the Unabashed Badge, which is located in the center of the Rikti Mothership. The badge marker can only be found when the shields have been taken down by destroying all 18 of the Rikti Pylons. Then, you have to enter the Mothership and find the badge.

My question is, who will come along and help me raid the Mothership so I can get that last badge and earn us a Beacon which will allow us to teleport into the RWZ from the base? We need high-level toons for this (you have to be at least 35 just to get into the RWZ) and the higher the toons are, the easier this is going to be. I know Molecular has a level 50 Brute which is pretty tough and if he LK's me on this badge toon, we'll have a Dominator as well. If anyone else will come along for this, I would greatly appreciate it since I can't do this last part alone, obviously.
Mighty
Mighty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Tue May 12, 2009 9:17 am

Talk about dumb fucking luck!

I logged in on my Dominator last night, which is the toon I was attempting to get the RWZ Beacon with, and as I stood there staring at the mother ship, I thought, "man, getting that badge is a pain in the ass. I wish I didn't have to deal with that force field."

And then something odd happened...

As I stood there, the force field suddenly dissipated. I dunno who did it, but somebody went through at that moment and killed all the Pylons in the zone. I was in Vent with Soold at the time and I was like, "holy shit. The force field is down." and Soold just goes, "really? Huh...... go get the badge."

So we got it now. Once the field dropped, I just ran in and died on top of it, which gave us the Beacon for the RWZ.

So the good news is that we also earned some prestige since yesterday, so I installed the Beacon for Pocket D already, and will place the final Teleporter with the RWZ Beacon once I manage to upgrade the base again. Right now, our Teleporter room has as many Teleporter Pads as it can hold, so I have to update the room to be larger so I can fit the final Teleporter.

Probably by tonight or tomorrow we'll have a completed Teleporter Room in the Villains Base.

Way to go, everyone.
Mighty
Mighty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Tue May 12, 2009 2:22 pm

Ok, guys,

I updated the base this afternoon so that we have an upgraded Teleporter Room, and most of the other rooms have been updated as well.

For the Hero Base, I went in and make a workshop with the prestige we got from inviting our toons in. The workshop has a personal salvage vault, crafting table, and an inspiration collector. I tossed some INSP in there myself and set the settings so that everyone can add to it and take away from it, so feel free to take whatever INSP you need from it whenever you like. Don't put INSP in that collector which you are trying to save, because we are going to use it as a "need an INSP, take an ISNP" tray.

I also added lighting and some decoration to the Villain base, so it looks a little nicer.

As I was looking at the numbers, we are way off from obtaining the rest of the SG badges, so for the next few days, I will be working to get those for us.

Check out the bases when you get a chance and let me know how you guys like em.
Mighty
Mighty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2009 1:14 pm

Have we set up any heal farms yet? I was thinking of transfering my fire/therm corr tp virtue and would be more then willing to set one up every night before bed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Wed May 13, 2009 2:04 pm

I set up a heal farm last night and barely scratched the surface of what we need heal-wise or damage-wise for those badges. I think that they may have possibly made it so that a single person's numbers only count so much for the badges of the SG because it said last night that the SG had only earned 200K prestige towards the prestige badge, which is ridiculous because I already earned more than that by myself on Mighty - Assault.

If that's the case, we need to make these heal farms a priority because it'll take even longer that way.

I'll be setting them up every night, and I hope that you guys do the same if you can.
Mighty
Mighty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2009 2:16 pm

Not a problem. I'll get my therm and brute transfered over tomorrow and alternate between the 2. We should be able to knock it out here shortly

Back to top Go down

Post by Molecular Wed May 13, 2009 9:09 pm

Ok, me and WC are logged into a mish and are going to work on gettin some healin done.
Molecular
Molecular

Character sheet
Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Wed May 13, 2009 11:32 pm

My accounts are also set up to do some heal farming throughout the night.

Also, I went to work tonight trying to obtain all the Beacons for the teleporters for the Heroes side of the SG, and I was able to obtain all of them. A very special thanks to Soold, Merris, and Ella for helping me do whatever it took to get the pylons destroyed in the Rikti War Zone, so that we could raid the mothership and obtain the Unabashed badge, which was needed for the RWZ Beacon.

Now that we have all the beacons for the heroes side of the SG, I will be spending my play time for the next week or two running on the heroes side. We need recruiting done (on both sides, really) and we also need a ton of prestige on the heroes side to build what we need. So the plan for a week or so is to run heroes side and grind prestige by day, and heal farm on the villains side by night so that I can help push us to the point where both bases are fully functional.

For those who are also helping with the heal farms, recruiting, and prestige grinding, thank you very much for helping build the SG faster.
Mighty
Mighty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2009 6:33 am

Me and Molecular are still healin lol. I'm gunna transfer over my 50 therm and his 50 brute and set one up, it'll make this go soooooo much faster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Fri May 15, 2009 7:38 am

We obtained the Supercomputer Badge, and I would really like to get that installed so we can fix our Control issues. All we need to get it installed is prestige, so if you get the chance, form up or hop on an AFF team and let's start grinding for that, guys.
Mighty
Mighty

Back to top Go down

Post by Mighty Sat May 16, 2009 6:12 am

Allright, everyone!

We managed to obtain the Med Doc as of 9:00 EST this morning, so when you die, you can teleport to the base and not only buy Respites and Catch a Breath inspirations, but you can also sell any salvage and non-crafted enhancements you're looking to ditch at sell-back price. That took 5 million healing points to obtain, so you guys should be pleased if you helped obtain it.

Also remember that within the Medical Wing of the base, we have a new Inspiration Collector. This bin is to be used like a "have a penny, take a penny" and I have already placed around 30 inspirations in it for people to use. If you have something you don't need, toss it in there, and if you find yourself needing something while in the base, feel free to grab one of those inspirations. (NOTE: THIS POLICY DOES NOT APPLY TO THE ENHANCEMENT TABLES, SO DON'T STEAL OTHER PEOPLE'S ENHANCEMENTS!!!)

The bad news is that when you obtain the badge for 5 million, a badge appears which requires 25 million healing points, so we need to do what we just did four more times to get that badge, which will further the building of our Medical Wing.

Keep up the heal farming, guys, and congrats on the new Med Doc!!!
Mighty
Mighty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2009 7:09 am

Good job folks! We'll get this base set up in no time! Everyone is doing a fantastic job! I will get a heal farm set up again tonight and start working towards the other badge. Hopefully during that time we will gain the damage badge as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Molecular Sat May 16, 2009 4:34 pm

That other badge is for that funky looking tree if I recall correctly
Molecular
Molecular

Character sheet
Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by Molecular Sun May 17, 2009 8:48 am

Well, we got the analyzer base defense badge for taking 20 million points of damage. And we're almost at 8.5 mil with the healing. After we hit 25 mil for the second healing badge, then we'll have to work on 100 mil points of healing for the final one.
Molecular
Molecular

Character sheet
Level:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum